Caftans are the most comfortable article of clothing and they are quickly becoming my favorite, even surpassing leggings. I last wrote about my obsession with an embellished dazzler several weeks ago, and again I found myself spending another lazy Sunday in one.
I love that they are so versatile. There is a caftan for every occasion, whether you are in sipping a Manhattan in a dark fancy-pants bar or sipping margaritas by the pool. I have worn them for both occasions, whether I find myself in Center City Philadelphia or Hilton Head.
This lightweight orange number over a bikini was perfect for a 95 degree day. The fuschia Jack Rogers and the clear printed tote brought out the pink sequin detail on the caftan. My favorite accessory was the jalepeno margarita in the floral tumbler.
towel // tumbler // sandals
I have my eye on a few more caftans that I plan to add to my collection:
Stripe embroidery caftan – blue & white stripe
clockwise from top left:
bright printed caftan // blue and white printed caftan // blue and white engineered striped caftan // pink and red open back caftan // blue printed short caftan
last summer’s bucket bag
Krewe du Optic sunglasses are phenomenal.
Just bringing back my headbands like it is 1994.
have caftan, receive compliments
a perfect outfit for a 68 degree day
I had my eye on this caftan for nearly a year now. When I met it, it was over $800, and admittedly too steep for my budget. I watched it go on sale, picked up other similar caftans that reached my markdown threshold, and noticed that it suddenly disappeared from the site.
This happens all too frequently to me, waiting too long to buy an item, and consequently having passer’s remorse. When I miss out on an item, I repeatedly check back on the site, hoping that there has been a return in my size. (I shop online 90 percent of the time. What can I say? The online stores have the tall sizes.) Nine times out of ten, this strategy is successful and I end up purchasing the item at a very competitive price. However this time, when the caftan turned up on the site, it was marked up since the last time I saw it. Rather than buy it on the site, I bought it NWT through an eBay vendor at half of the original store’s current markdown price.
I was thrilled when it was finally delivered. The beaded and sequined silk is beyond beautiful. I received compliments galore when I wore it this past weekend. Also, tall ladies, take note that this is the perfect length. The size small fit perfectly; I cannot imagine anyone shorter than 5’11” not needing to hem it. I look forward to wearing it over a swimsuit this summer, but for now, I will be wearing over a black slip and accessorizing with a glass of rose.
caftan // slip // quatrefoil ring // black diamond cuff // pearl and gold cuff // sandals // bucket bag (similar) // sunglasses // lip color
These would give the best tanlines.
love a scallop hem
I cannot get enough of this tie dye.
❤ metallic wedge
love a crochet tunic
It is always around this time of year, past the holidays but before St. Patrick’s Day, that I start dreaming about going on a warm-weather vacation. Whenever I start to plan my vacation in my head, I also pack my make-believe suitcase.
Other than last year when I went to Key West, my track record for taking time off from work and going somewhere warm is zero. This does not stop me from ordering some of the items that I picked out for my metaphorical vacation suitcase. These are the picks for my resort suitcase 2017.
wedge heel // sandals // swimsuit // scallop-hem shorts //
fringed tunic // split tunic // crochet tunic
I was so disappointed to have to cancel our Hilton Head vacation. My fiance’s mom’s side annually reunites every fall. This was the first year that I managed to talk him into taking the time off to unplug and unwind. Unfortunately Hurricane Matthew had other plans.
Last week my fiancé and I were both out of town for business. Since we would have less than a 24 layover at home between the work return flights and vacation departure flights, we packed for Hilton Head well in advance. While I try to stay restrained when it comes to packing for vacation (I have been known to keep it to a backpack), the fiance has preferred status with our preferred airline, granting him a free checked bag. Trust me when I say that this does not excite him to the same extent that it excites me. I convinced him that checking a shared large suitcase with each of us carrying a backpack with one day/night of clothes and toiletries would be ideal.
These are my favorite items from the Hilton Head suitcase:
- Calypso Henrika Caftan: I wore this multiple times over the July Fourth weekend and many times since then. While it is beautiful in photos, it is gorgeous in person. It has delicate pink beading along the neckline and the wrists. It is just sheer enough to show your swimsuit underneath. Although I am 6’2″, I can get away with the length of a medium. I purchased the caftan at the beginning of the summer and it is still available and on deep discount now.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF: Sunscreen is a necessity even on the cloudiest of days. My dermatologist recommended that I switch from standard foundation to the La Roche Posay Tinted Moisturizer and SPF years ago and I have never looked back. The last time I was in CVS picking up the Tinted Moisturizer, I picked up a tube of the Anthelios SPF 60 as well. It is perfection.
- 7 for All Mankind White Denim Rolled Hem Shorts: This summer I have become obsessed with 7 for All Mankind denim shorts. The first pair I purchased were cutoffs and the length was the major selling point. (I think the inseam is longer than cited on the product information.) As a tall woman, the sad truth is that shorts can border on inappropriate, but the cutoffs and the white rolled hem shorts were the perfect inseam. These shorts run true to size.
- Calypso Prudence Kimono: I coveted this kimono since earlier this summer when I almost purchased it along with the Calypso Henrika Caftan. I wish I had ordered it earlier as I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived two weeks ago. It is even more fantastic in person. The kimono is light silk, and so delicate and so detailed. While it is marked down with an additional percentage reduction, you can tell it is an expensive piece. This item runs large; I wear a small.
- Lilly Pulitzer Elsa Blouse: The Elsa Blouse is a Lilly Pulitzer mainstay. When I saw the pink chevron in the window of a Georgetown boutique back in the spring of 2014, I became a woman obsessed. It has been in regular rotation ever since. The Elsa Blouse runs large; the length of the small is ideal.
I think it is time to start planning our next warm-weather resort trip.
cuff short // released hem short // distressed denim short // silk kimono //
printed caftan // whipstitch sandal // tank // best sunscreen ever // split tie tunic //
floral shell // tunic top // folio case // folio case // swim bottom //
swim top // sunglasses // beach tote // tote // gold sandals