While this blog focus is living the tall life in style, every once and a while I may address other facets of life.
Lately I have put off the second weekly blog post in favor of planning a fundraiser for my favorite nonprofit, Preservation Maryland. As of recently, the federal funding for this and other arts- and humanities-based nonprofits have been on the chopping block. I have reacted to this by planning a fundraising series for the month of May.
The Preservation Maryland Six-to-Fix Fitness Tour will run every Saturday throughout the month of May, and thanks to the enthusiam that we received from so many fitness studios, the first Saturday of June as well. May is nationally recognized as official Historic Preservation month, so it was only fitting that this series runs throughout the month.
I have been pleasantly surprised by the interest we have gotten from so many fitness facilities. We have secured charity fitness classes with the following studios on the following dates and times:
- [solidcore] Annapolis on May 6th at noon and 1:30 pm (Once on the MindBody Interface, if you aren’t automatically directed, search for [solidcore] DMV on Saturday May 6.)
- CrossFit Iniquus in Crofton on May 13th at 9 am
- The Dailey Method in Towson on May 20th at 11 am (cycle) and 1 pm (barre)
- Sweetbay Yoga in Bethesda on May 17th at noon (Once on the MindBody Interface, if you aren’t automatically directed, search for Sweetbay Yoga on Saturday May 27.)
- Beachfit Baltimore on June 3rd at 10 am
Proceeds will go to the Preservation Maryland Six-to-Fix program. At each date, we will be providing post-workout refreshments, giving away gift bags, and raffling off tours and tastings for several Maryland-based wineries and distilleries.
Let me know if you can make it!